I’m convinced these two are deeply connected. When we seek and find balance in our lives, we usually find the sweet spot of inspiration. The inspiration to create, live deeply, and embrace all that comes our way. The inspiration to challenge ourselves and dream big!
Balance is truly an art.
With the busy lives we live, it is so easy to get sucked into
the “must-dos”, social obligations, creating order in our homes and relationships, trying to plan “this and that”, and on and on and on ….
Until we get to bed at night and realize that we didn’t find time for A, B, and C.
Whatever our A, B and C is.
I think that before I can truly find balance in my life, I need to write out a list of things that are most important to me. My “balance buckets”…the parts of my life that need to be filled before I can feel truly balanced and find myself in the sweet spot of inspiration as a writer, artist, runner, etc.
My Balance Buckets
- Quality time with my children--this doesn’t mean just the “managing” of my children but rather the time that I truly sit down with them on their level and play, have a conversation, cuddle, read a book, etc. This time doesn’t need to be long. Just quality! A little bit goes a long way! Even five minutes of this quality connection time with them can fill my bucket up greatly!
- Alone time with my best friend, my husband. Time where we just enjoy something together without other distractions (phone, computer, chores, etc.)…this could be sitting down and having a beer, watching a movie together, dreaming together, planning a trip, etc.
- ME Time! Time to write, read, answer e-mail, GET AWAY on a girl trip or a night with my mom, write in my journal and just time to do whatever I feel like doing without having to take care of someone else.
- Running/Exercise. A must!
- Creating, Connecting and Sharing my Art. For me, this usually means writing or working on ideas that I have. It also means taking time for connecting with other like-minded people and building a community of “thinkers, sharers, motivators, friends”.
- Spiritual Growth. This is different for all of us.
- Time with Friends
- Order to My World Around Me. Keeping our house, yard, mail, meals in check…you know, the daily living stuff. Also, making sure our kids are getting what they need with nutrition, educations, sports, play dates, creative stimulation…the things that come with motherhood! If this stuff gets neglected then Inspiration and Balance are hard to find for me!